UPDATE ON EVENT POSTPONEMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
MARCH 17, 2020
Information to ALL Wallamba FC players / members concerning Covid-19 considerations
• Mat Fox Coaching, due to start this afternoon - POSTPONED
• Welcome to Wallamba Day, scheduled for Sunday March 22 – CANCELLED
• Start-of-season Dates.
Unfortunately, we’ve had to postpone the coaching sessions with Mat Fox. Mat is an excellent educator on the key principles of junior play and game development, something which is a key focus for our club. These sessions would have been great fun for our kids but more importantly were aimed at the adults who are overseeing our kids. This was to be a significant financial commitment from our club, and because we can’t be assured of maximum participation (given current circumstances), we’ve made the decision to postpone. The Committee is committed to engaging Mat at a later date, but it needs to be given the full opportunity for optimal effect.
The Committee has also decided to cancel this year’s Welcome to Wallamba Day. The point of this day was for teams to be introduced to each other, families to meet, etc. Instead we will manage this process electronically. More on this later.
FYI, this is how the season is currently planned to start:-
• Weekend April 3-4, Round One of play (includes Miniroos, and 12’s and 13’s, and Women’s team).
• Weekend April 10-12, No Play, school holidays.
• Weekend 17-18, Round Two of play. This is in the middle of school holidays, which means some teams won’t have enough numbers. Where this is the case, WFC will communicate with Football Mid North Coast and clubs/teams against which we may be drawn for that weekend and work out an alternative.
• Weekend 24-25 April, No Play, Anzac Day
• Play resumes following weekend.
Please note, the above dates could change. Changes hereafter will be communicated via the club’s Face Book page and the club’s website (www.wallambafc.com) and/or team managers.
Stay tuned for further updates as they come to hand. Meanwhile, on specific matters/policies of football generally and developments specifically regarding the 2020 season, Wallamba Football Club will be guided by the relevant authorities, whose announcements and policies you can follow:
Football Mid North Coast - https://footballmidnorthcoast.com/
Football Northern NSW https://northernnswfootball.com.au/
Football Federation Australia https://www.ffa.com.au/
Wallamba Football Club Committee